Thursday, June 30, 2011

25 Week Appointment

Thursday morning I had my week 25 OB appointment and things are looking good! So far I have gained about 18lbs this pregnancy, which I was really embarrassed and kind of freaking out about because it sounds like a LOT to me, but my doctor assured me that it is completely normal and I'm on track for what I should be gaining. Phew. So now I don't feel AS bad about gaining all this weight, haha.

My uterus is measuring at 25-26 centimeters (holy cow!) and our baby boy has a heart rate of 170 bpm. The doctor said he must be an active one! Which is very true.. he is ALWAYS moving around and kicking me :) Our little jumping bean.


Other "fun" symptoms that I've been having that I forgot to put in my previous post include.. leg cramps/spasms in the middle of the night, and my very first Braxton Hicks contractions! I had 2 yesterday. When it first happened, Jer and I were walking out of a store and I just stopped mid-walk because my whole stomach tightened and hurt pretty bad. Jeremy felt it and all he could say was "woah" haha! It went away pretty fast though, so it wasn't that bad. My doctor said i'll have a bunch more of those before "the real thing" later on and there isn't anything to worry about unless I start having them 4-5 times in an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment