Our baby boy is about the size of a mango now and probably weighs more than a pound.
"Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With his sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that he's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see him squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing him for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb."
Our baby is definitely growing fast! My belly button is stretching wider and wider, and this past week I've been feeling a lot more of those oh so wonderful round ligament pains.
Other symptoms I am having: heartburn! (Mostly at night but I do get it sometimes throughout the day), and swollen ankles/feet!
Sunday was the worst. My feet barely fit in my church shoes! When we got home Jer and I soaked our feet in our kiddie pool outside which helped out a lot, and then I just kept my feet up the rest of the night and they went back to normal the next day.
For fun, here are 3 pictures of my belly bump in consecutive order.
Week 17, Week 20, and Week 23 (today). I didn't think I looked much different, but from these pictures, you can definitely tell I am in fact growing!




No comments:
Post a Comment