Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Eggplant


Today I am 25 weeks pregnant!

Baby boy is the size of an EGGPLANT!



"Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. His weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but he's beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat. As he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he'll start to look more and more like a newborn. He's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture." -Baby Center



New symptoms: Pelvic pains, shortness of breath, and I can't sleep on my back anymore.. because when I do, I wake up with numb feet and legs. Yikes.



I signed up for WIC finally (yay for free food!) and when I was at my first appointment, the nurse weighed me and.. dun dun dun... I've gained another 9lbs since my last doctor appointment at the end of May. BLECH. That makes it a total of 18lbs weight gain so far. He's worth it, though :)



I already have so much love for our son. I keep seeing pictures of my friends newborn babies, or seeing birthing shows on TV, and I can't help but get so incredibly excited (and nervous) to meet our little guy.


I can't wait to hear that first cry.
I can't wait to see what color hair & eyes he'll have.
I can't wait to snuggle him.

Baby boy, you already have a hold on my heart. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment