Today I am 24 weeks along! Time is actually flying by! It's so crazy to think that in just a few more months we'll have our baby boy in our arms.
He is now about the size of an ear of corn.. about 11.8 inches long, and weighs about 1.3lbs! No wonder why my belly is so huge!This week according to Baby Gaga :
"It's another week full of exciting developments for your magical growing baby!
Just take a look at the checklist for this week: 1) ears: done; 2) fingernails: done; 3) testicles: taking their 3-4 day trip from the abdominal wall to the scrotum; and 4) lungs walls: secreting “surfactant”. What’s surfactant? It's basically what it sounds like: a surface-activated fat that helps your baby's little lungs inflate. In the meantime, your submerged baby is still breathing in their amniotic fluid (and a bit of pee), preparing and rehearsing their lungs for an oxygen-filled life outside the womb. By the end of this week, your wee womb-squatter will be weighing in at a whopping 2 lbs and 14 inches long. All this new weight means your tiny baby is actually starting to fill out their skin, but they're not anywhere near their adorable fat-baby potential."
Symptoms: Still having heartburn. Back aches. Always tired. Always hungry. Always needing to pee. Stretching/growing pains. My "girls" are constantly sore, and are already starting to produce milk. (sorry if that is TMI haha). Swollen gums.
Cravings: Burritos, cheese, watermelon, pickles, icecream.
Our boy is still super active and loves to kick me and move around all the time. His favorite place is still my bladder, unfortunately, but he seems to be spreading out more and more with where I can feel him move. It's been really fun to see him move my belly when he kicks me hard :) One of these days i'm going to try to take a video of it.
My next doc appointment is next Thursday (had to reschedule since Jer had to work crazy hours for the base exercise this week) and I am curious and also dreading finding out how much weight I have gained since last month's appointment. I have been eating SO much! Seriously I am hungry like every hour. I'm trying to drink more water to fill up my stomach haha.
Only 16 more weeks til my due date!! :) We can't wait to meet our son!

No comments:
Post a Comment