Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me

I turned 21 years old this past Veteran's Day. I was so happy that Jeremy could have the day off to spend the day with me :)

First, he made me pancakes for breakfast (he makes the BEST pancakes) and didn't complain, not even once..that he had to wait for me to get ready which he hate hate hates. We then hit up Cabella's for their Veteran's day sale and did a little more Christmas shopping - which by the way, I'm almost completely done with!

For lunch we went to Applebee's since they were having the free meal for all active duty military members and Veteran's. The line was LONG but we didn't have to wait too much at all which was nice. While we waited we met this way cute older couple, who ended up inviting us to their family's Thanksgiving dinner! Haha they were so nice. If we didn't already have plans with our neighbors Sid and Stephani for Thanksgiving, we would totally go.

After lunch we came home because I was exhausted. I had a runny nose and a sore throat, and all I wanted to do was sleep. So he let me :) We took a nap, his MUCH shorter than mine.. like always. I slept for TWO hours! haha. Needless to say, I was wiped out.

After my much needed nap we went and saw Red at the theater. There's two theaters here and we've only gone to the one so far since they play better movies but it is DIRTY. The seats are orange and have stains all over them. Its probably the same at any other theater, but since the seats are a lighter color you can SEE the dirtiness haha. Gross. Anyway, it was a good movie and it was a treat to see it on the big screen since we rarely do that - $10 a person for a movie is a little steep if you ask us. But we're cheap, so..

On our way home from the movie Jeremy stopped at the big gas station and bought me a hot chocolate. He loves me, he really really loves me! Haha Seriously though, the hot chocolate at this gas station is the BEST. And since its gotten colder I have wanted and asked for it like every night. I'm obsessed.

We came home and snuggled up to watch our latest addiction - Veronica Mars - on Netflix. It was a great end to a fun, relaxing day with my husband. I'm so lucky in love with my best friend.

On another note, Happy (belated) Veteran's Day to all those who have served and are still serving in the military. This Veteran's Day has definitely felt different to me than previous years since Jeremy is now a part of the military. I'm so grateful for his hard work, dedication, and service for our country and also our family. I've always been grateful for all of those who have served and fought for our freedom, but within the past year, my gratitude has grown so much more. Now I really feel like I'm starting to understand just how much these men and women have sacrificed for this country. I am so blessed and so proud to be an American, and a wife of a United States Air Force Airman.

1 comment:

Ryan and Lettice Barnum said...

Happy belated birthday Maddie! It sounds like you had a super fun day! I'm so glad you were able to spend it with Jeremy! It's the worst when they're gone! Btw, I love reading what you are thankful for! :) It reminds me of what I am thankful for and so very blessed to have. Thanks for letting me read your awesome blog! You and Jeremy are so cute! Oh, also, Ryan and I started a blog if you are ever interested. It's - ryanletticebarnum.blogspot.com

Post a Comment