Sunday, November 21, 2010

11.21.10

I'm thankful for lazy Sundays with my honey.

Hanging out with my hubby is my most favorite thing to do. He truly is my best friend and we have so much fun just going on drives and hanging around the house together.


On another note, I can't believe Thanksgiving is this week! Our neighbors are now having family drive in from Minnesota so we won't be doing Thanksgiving dinner with them anymore. It kind of bummed me out but I've realized that I should just suck it up and make the most of it instead of dwelling on the negative. We're probably going to take up Jeremy's supervisor's offer and join their family and friends for Thanksgiving. Whatever we end up doing, it should be a good time. I just would like to say though, I am missing the east coast and our family and friends SO much now more than ever. It is sad not being with them for the holidays but hey, at least we HAVE family and friends to miss. It always could be much much worse, and I've just got to keep reminding myself that. I tend to get pretty bitter.

Anyways... since Thanksgiving is this week, it ALSO means that we get to set up our Christmas tree this weekend!! Jeremy is strict when it comes to that - he makes me wait til the day after Thanksgiving to decorate our home in Christmasy goodness :) If I had it my way, I would have already done it like a week ago haha. I love the holidays!!

P.S. It's actually snowing!!! FINALLY. We've had a long and very timid Fall, and I've been waiting patiently for the snow to come. We were told that last year here in Rapid City it had already snowed 3 or 4 blizzards by this point so it was suprising to me that it still hasn't snowed really and its almost Thanksgiving. Well, it's finally coming now! Carter loves the snow, but Winston was a little apprehensive at first, since this was his first time ever seeing it. After sniffing around for a while, he seemed to be more okay with it and now he loves to eat it haha. It's hilarious. Pictures to come!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I think you should find that old couple who invited you and go with them! :) LOL...Nathan and I had a few really fun thanksgivings just us two (and we got that easy turkey breast)...knowing y'all, you'll have a blast no matter what you do!

Post a Comment