
Yep, definitely getting out-there! Camden is sucking all of my energy these days. Plus, he's giving me AWESOME swollen feet and ankles, making it so fitting into my maternity clothes next to impossible, and giving me contractions everytime I get up from sitting down. Gotta love it.
At my 35 week doctor appointment I had my strep-B test, heard Camden's strong heartbeat at 140 bpm, and found out that he is FINALLY head down! That's right, no more breech baby. What a relief!! I was beginning to think he would never flip, and that i'd have to get a c-section.. which I was extremely not a fan of.
In other baby related news.. I went to a "Bundles for Babies" class with my Mom last week, and Jeremy and I went to our birthing class on Saturday which were both pretty interesting.
Bundles for Babies is a class that the base has where you get a "bundle" of a couple baby necessities like onsies, layettes, hooded towel, blanket, crib sheets.. etc. They also have a couple speakers come in and talk to you about nutrition and physical fitness while your pregnant, childcare options on base, and how to deal with changes in relationships once you have your baby.
At my birthing class on Saturday we watched some (way too graphic..in my opinion) videos on natural childbirth, and took a tour of the labor and delivery part of the hospital. After that we had a break for lunch, when Jeremy and I decided to take off early.. because I was pretty disturbed by those videos and it seemed like everything else that we would be learning about was pretty self explanatory and was already in the book we were given. So we decided we'd just go over the book by ourselves at home instead haha.
Taking a tour of the hospital was so crazy. It made it feel so much more real that all of this is in fact happening. In just a few weeks, we'll be there, meeting our baby boy for the first time :) We can hardly wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment