I'm 29 weeks along today! Baby Camden is the size of a squash!

"If you’ve been feeling weird little fluttering butterflies in your belly, it’s not just your run-of-the-mill pre-birth performance anxiety. Actually, it's your amazing baby with a case of the hiccups: a fairly common occurrence at this point, due to them practicing breathing for their big birthday. In addition to getting a round of butterfly-like hiccups, your little swimmer has arduously managed to accumulate enough baby fat to account for nearly 3.5% of their overall body weight. Yeah, compared to we lardy adults, it’s not very impressive, but considering they used to have NO fat, it’s certainly a healthy (and body-warming) accomplishment in its way. Another fantastic life-critical accomplishment: your baby's spleen is now in charge of hematopoiesis — the 10 dollar name for the process involved in building up certain important blood components." - Baby Gaga
"Your baby is growing rapidly now. This week he weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is getting bigger to accommodate his growing brain – which is busy developing billions of neurons. Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited in your baby's skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester." - Baby Center
As I said in my last post, I recently found out that I was anemic.. so I'm now taking iron supplements to help with that. Hopefully I will be less exhausted! Other than that, I've still been having the same symptoms as last week : heartburn, constant hunger, braxton hicks contractions, round ligament pains, etc.
Camden is growing, growing, growing! I feel him hiccup much more often lately, along with his normal constant movements. I also think he has picked a favorite side of my belly.. because many times throughout the day I will feel him shift all the way towards my right side, and when I look down, my belly is super lopsided..haha! It's pretty strange looking,that is for sure. I already love him so much and can't wait to meet him face to face :) Every single day I think about what he will look like! Only about 11 more weeks til we get to find out!!
No comments:
Post a Comment