Wednesday, July 13, 2011

27 weeks



Today I am 27 weeks along! This is the last week of my 6th month! It's crazy how fast time is going by lately.

"This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle." - Baby Center

"Your not-so-tiny-anymore baby (2 pounds and 14.5 inches long!) is slowly rotating in preparation to “head out” for the grand entrance on their birthday! Now obviously, this doesn’t happen overnight, but when you start to feel a new sort of pressure "down there" (aka your cervix), you’ll know you’ve got a fully flipped locked-n-loaded womb-fruit waiting for the countdown to launch! If you feel like they're still not flipped, don't worry, you've still got time. Impressive physical developments of the week: your child's lungs are already capable of breathing air as their vascular system can now handle oxygen/carbon exchange and their brain stem can now regulate rhythmic breathing as well as their basal body temperature! For what it’s worth, at this point in a healthy pregnancy - if you were to give birth prematurely, your tiny fighter could easily win on the show: “Survivor: The Early Years.” Go ahead, give your belly a gentle hi-five!" - Baby Gaga

Hahaha I love how they call it a "womb-fruit". So awkward!

How far along? 27 weeks
Total weight gain: Still 19lbs total, as far as I know. We don't have a scale at home.
Sleep: I get tired VERY quickly now. Still taking naps almost everyday.
Favorite moment this week: When I felt our baby boy have the hiccups for the first time! Also, when we ordered the baby crib, pack n' play, a new cover for a used highchair I bought, and get ready for it.. we've decided we're going to use cloth diapers!!
Movement: All day every day! He is so active it's crazy. You can see him somersault and kick/punch me all the time.
Symptoms: Always tired, always hungry, killer back aches that won't go away even if Jeremy gives me a back rub, heartburn, growing pains, and a few Braxton Hicks contractions every once in a while.
Food Cravings: Chinese food, Subway, PB&J's, chocolate breakfast shakes.
Belly button: Still in, but I doubt it will stay like that for much longer! It's stretched out pretty wide, and my belly is pulling in down a bit. It's an awkward sight.
What I miss: My back not hurting!
What I am looking forward to: Getting the baby stuff we ordered in the mail, my baby shower in New York, setting up the nursery.
Weekly Wisdom: After a lot of advice from friends, and researching a bit online.. we have found that cloth diapers are a HUGE money saver!! We're so excited to use them! We're going to be using the bumgenius brand. I'll probably do a post talking about them.

We can't wait to meet you little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment