Wednesday, May 25, 2011

HALFWAY THERE!

Today I am 20 weeks pregnant!

Baby is the size of a canteloupe! From head to heel, it's about 10 inches long! WOW. I seriously can't believe this day is already here! Tomorrow we find out if I'm growing a boy or girl and I am going craaaazy waiting. My appointment is at 10am and I'm pretty sure Jeremy and I won't be able to sleep at all tonight..haha.



I'm pretty sure you can now tell that I'm pregnant and not just gaining tummy chub ;) which is exciting, but I'm bummed about not being able to wear normal jeans anymore. It will be all worth it in the end though.

Last night Jeremy and I were watching a show where a girl gave birth to a baby girl, and he was like "Can't he/she just be ready and come out right now?" We are so beyond excited and anxious to meet this little one. I think this next half of my pregnancy is going to feel SO much longer than the first.

One symptom that I have been dealing with ever since I found out I was pregnant, is having vivid dreams and nightmares. Let me tell you, I will be VERY happy when that goes away.. which sadly, i've heard it doesn't until you're not pregnant anymore. I wake up feeling so weird and it takes a whiiiile before I feel back to my normal self. I can't believe I actually dream the things I do.. like the other night when I dreamt about one of our neighbors brutally murdering someone at a convenience store. So weird. I wish I could control it somehow!

Other than that, I've been feeling pretty good lately. I take naps everyday for about 3 hours at a time. I feel like a lump, but I know I should take advantage of this sleep while I can. I have also been eating like a cow. My appetite is back, that's for sure! I eat alllll the time. I'm interested to see how much I have gained since my last OB appointment. I'm alwaysss running to the bathroom to pee, which I know will only get worse, but it's not very fun to do in the middle of the night because baby is kicking my bladder. Which brings me to..last but not least, baby is always kicking up a storm. My favorite! He/she is constantly moving around in there, but on my left side more than anything. I love that Jeremy can feel the tiny kicks now. His face is priceless whenever he finally feels a movement :) I cherish these moments.

Stay tuned for a extremely exciting post tomorrow about what we're having! Probably including some adorable ultrasound pictures :) Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

Shawnee - Sassy in Sweatpants said...

I'm so excited to find out what you guys are having! You look absolutely adorable preggers!

Anderson Family said...

I am totally stalking your blog too. You have known for over an hour. Lol. I have nothing better to do than stalk everyone else's life while on bedrest. Can you tell?

Haleigh Foreverts said...

MADDIE! you are so cute. I LOVE reading these! I'm so happy you're having a cute little baby BOY!!!!! congratulations! I know you'll be such a great, loving mother. I seriously am SO excited for you!!!!! <333

Post a Comment