Thursday, May 19, 2011

19 weeks

As of yesterday, I'm now 19 weeks along!

Which meaaaaans.... only ONE MORE WEEK until we get to see our sweet baby on ultrasound again and find out if it is a boy or a girl!!




Baby's now the size of a mango! Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.






  • How far along? 19 weeks!

  • Total weight gain: 2lbs as of my last appointment. We'll see how much more I've gained next thursday at my next appointment.

  • Sleep: Can't get enough! I love my daily 3 hour naps :) haha

  • Favorite moment this week: Deciding on baby names for each gender. (But it's a secret!)

  • Movement: Constantly! I am always being kicked by this little one. I absolutely love it.

  • Symptoms: Always tired, always HUNGRY, some round ligament pains from growing and stretching, and I already have a few stretch marks forming (booo!) even though i've been slathering on the lotion and body creme like crazy.

  • Food Cravings: McDonald's fries. Kool-aid. I mostly just want any food, and all the time.

  • Food Aversions: Depends on the day, but usually meat. Sounds weird, but true.

  • Gender: 1 more week til we find out!!

  • Belly button: In, but stretching out and flattening noticeably.

  • What I miss: Wearing regular pre-pregnancy jeans.

  • What I am looking forward to: Of course finding out the gender next Thursday! And all of those cute baby kicks :) I can't get enough of it. Best feeling ever!

  • Weekly Wisdom: Don't go grocery shopping when you're PREGNANT and HUNGRY.

No comments:

Post a Comment