We have a mountain of laundry to wash at our house. This usually doesn't happen, but I haven't been feeling well lately and I let it get out of control. No, Jeremy doesn't do laundry. He just acts surprised when his clothes aren't cleaned and put away on time. "Where's my uniform?!" Don't worry, he definitely helps out in other ways. Love you sweetie ;)
Well, yesterday afternoon I finally decided it was time to do some laundry. I put a load in.. and a couple minutes later (when it was on the spin cycle) it sounded as if the house was falling down. What happened was, the clothes inside were unbalanced and so it was making the inside of the washer (the "tub" part) bang against the outer frame of the washer. SO LOUD. This has happened to me before, but everytime it happens I freak out thinking the world is ending haha. So anyways, I opened the lid and tried to rearrange the clothes so it wouldn't happen again.. Well when I shut the lid to start the load again, it still sounded terrible and seemed as though the actual "tub" part was somehow off its tracks. I tried to fix it but it was impossible so I waited for my lovely husband to get home from work to figure it out.
After a while of him trying his best to take the back off the washer and to see what was wrong, he gave up. We were super irritated because we really needed certain things to be washed for today, and we had no idea who we could even call to come fix it.. especially since it was 8pm already at this point.
I went online and searched for appliance repair services and found a place called Appliance Repair Anytime. Sounded about right, haha. We called, and the nicest old man talked Jeremy through fixing it himself over the phone. How awesome is that! He could have definitely made some money on us, but since he already thought he knew what was wrong, he didn't want to trouble us in either waiting for him to come to fix it himself or have us bring it in for him to fix there. I am so glad there are still some genuine and NICE people in the world.
Jeremy ended up fixing it (of course with the help of that nice old man) and we now have a working washing machine again! Happy day.
I often find myself taking things for granted. To name a few.. our beloved washer and dryer, our dishwasher, our cars, our heat/ air conditioning, our cell phones, internet, etc. We really are so blessed that we have these things in our life that make our life WAY easy. It's hard not to take things for granted until something breaks, or you don't have the means to have it anymore.. but that is one thing that I am going to work harder on. To be more grateful for what we have, on a more daily basis.
Today, I am VERY grateful for a working washing machine and dryer, for my awesome husband who fixed it for us (because lets be honest, even with that nice old man talking me through it, theres no way I'd be able to figure it out on my own haha) and of course, for clean clothes.
Happy Tuesday!
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment