to blog again.
Things that have happened since my last blog post:
-Jeremy passed his PT test.
-Jeremy finished his last briefing (until April) which he is super happy about.
-My little brother Mike turned 19 and he recieved his Patriarchal blessing.
-I cut 6 inches off my hair!
-The weather here teased us with near 60 degree days for about a week.
-Its been snowing again the past 2 days :( We can't wait for Spring.
-We have a new neighbor.. who called the cops on us to move our Jeep out of their driveway. Um, what happened to being FRIENDLY and asking us yourself to move it. We didn't even know she was there! I mean seriously.. making a cop do it seems a little overboard don't you think? Awkward.
-I had a little visit to the Emergency Room.
So.. about the ER.. Such a weird thing happened to me but first I should say that I am totally fine and heathly now.
So here is what happened: One Sunday I wasn't feeling well so we decided to stay home from church. I had a pretty mild headache and was feeling really weak and dizzy.
Well within minutes, my vision in my right eye was almost completely blurred, my headache was getting worse, my pointer finger on my right hand went numb which then quickly spread to my whole right arm, and part of the right side of my face also went numb.
This of course was freaking me out and so I started to cry like a baby. Jeremy not knowing what the heck was happening to me was also freaking out a little. Every time I tried to tell him what was going on, the words that came out of my mouth made absolutely no sense. I sounded like a crazy person. At this point I was not just scared, but terrified. Jeremy brought me a notebook and pen to try and write it down, but even my handwriting made no sense. Thankfully after about 15 minutes I calmed myself down and the feeling started to return to my face and arm and I started feeling somewhat normal again.
I called my Mom to tell her about what had happened and she (like any normal Mom) freaked out and forced me to go to the ER just to make sure nothing was seriously wrong with me. For some reason I thought I was fine and didn't need to go haha. So off we went.
I had a CT scan, and a TON of blood work taken. A ton meaning a total of 15 viles of blood! All the tests turned out normal. A neurologist came to talk to me and her diagnosis was that I had a migrane. A MIGRANE. Are you kidding me? She said that a lot of people have those weird symptoms when they have a migrane. I guess it makes sense, but I was super surprised seeing as I've had migranes before and this has never happened to me. Plus I didn't even consider the headache I had to be migrane level. But hey.. shes the doctor so I guess she knows what shes talking about. The first doctor that was with me before I met the neurologist said he thought it was "just one of those unexplainable spells". So weird.
Even though nothing seemed to be wrong, I'm glad my Mom made me go to make sure I was okay. Peace of mind is a beautiful thing. And so is health insurance :)
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment