So I haven't posted in about a month, but I have a good reason! Jeremy and I flew back home to New York for a late Christmas with our family :) We flew in on January 9th, Jeremy stayed til the 19th, and I stayed til the 26th. We had such a good time being home, it was so relaxing and refreshing to be back with our family and friends. Here are some highlights of our time home..
- Our first night home we had a late Christmas with my family.. which involved way way too many presents.
-Our second day home we had a late Christmas with Jeremy's family. We were so excited that we could see our nephew Xavier and niece Alanna. They are so big now and have the greatest personalities. We also got to meet Jeremy's brother Josh's girlfriend Kaila and got to know her a little bit. She is so sweet. The photo below is of Alanna in her new outfit we bought her for Christmas! Jeremy would like all of the credit of picking it out at the store :) And yes.. those are baby JEGGINGS! hahaha.
-We ate at the new Dinosaur BBQ that opened in Troy. It was DELICIOUS.
-We went to Jeremy's Grandma Tyke's house for Aunt Carol & Uncle Mike's anniversary party.
-On Sunday at church we helped Jeremy's Mom out in the Nursery with all of the little ones (my fav!). It was a treat to have Xavier and Alanna in there with us that day too. LOVE them.
-We spent a day with our good friends Josh and Jess Sittner (who are now marrrried!) and their beautiful baby girl Hallie Rose.
-We went to dinner at Augie's in Ballston Spa with Jeremy's cousin Scott and his wonderful girlfriend Theresa. We went there with them once before, and it has definitely become one of our favorite restaurants ever. They have the most amazing REAL Italian food.
-Jeremy saw Green Hornet 3D with his brother Josh.
-Then on Jeremy's last day home, we picked up our friends Kyle and Nikki up from the airport (they were on vacation in FL), had lunch with them at Moe's, hungout at the mall, Nikki and I watched the boys play Kinect at Best Buy (so funny), and then we brought Jer back to the airport to catch his flight back to SD.
-I went to wing night at Al's Roadhouse with my Dad, my brothers, John, Jacob, Josh, Alden, Steph, and the Sittner's.
-I went to a MONSTER TRUCK RALLY with my brother Mike, John, Jacob, Alden, and some of the YSA's.

-I saw Green Hornet 3D with my brothers, John, Jacob, and the YSA's.

-I helped my Dad build a sled for the Scouts Klondike Derby that is in February.
-I drove to East Rochester with my Dad and Mike to visit my Grandma Ahern. We stayed the night there and mostly just hungout with her and relaxed. Then before we left, we went to Nathan's for their famous soup and cheese bread - our favorite.
-And last but not least... I got terribly sick.
Of course I would get sick on vacation haha. Here's the eventful story about that. I went to Urgent Care and the doctor there told me I had a sinus infection and possibly strep throat. I was absolutely miserable and ended up having to cancel some of my plans on my last days home which really sucked. I was prescribed Zithromycin and I took one dose the day before I flew home. I went to bed, started to feel better, and then right before I went to bed for the night I started feeling sick to my stomach. Within a matter of minutes my stomach hurt so bad that I couldn't even move. I have never felt such terrible pain in my whole life. My Mom called her doctor (since I wouldn't let her call 911) and was trying to figure out what was going on. Meanwhile my older brother Nick gave me a Priesthood blessing. I honestly could hardly pay much attention to what he was saying, because of how much pain I was in. Minutes after the blessing.. the pain started lifting away. My Mom's doctor said that the attack I had was because of the Zithromycin I was prescribed for my sinus infection and possible strep throat. Apparently it is notorious for eating away at intestine and stomach lining. She said that she had seen grown men cry because of the pain. I had taken Zithromycin before when I was sick, but I had never had this reaction before. Well it is safe to say that I will never take that medicine ever again. I am so grateful for my brother Nick, that he is a worthy Priesthood holder.. and that he was there at the time when I needed him. It is also safe to say that my testimony of the power of the Priesthood has grown so much more since this experience. It never fails to amaze me the love our Heavenly Father has for all of his children and how he provides ways for miracles to happen.
This is my stash of necessities for being sick haha. But for the record, Ricola's aren't that great. Halls are definitely better.
Although I got pretty dang sick right before I left, our trip home was so much fun and MUCH needed. Now, its back to the reality of taking care of the dogs.. keeping a clean house.. paying bills.. and of course going back to work. Blah.
No comments:
Post a Comment