Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 03 - Favorite book


For the longest time my favorite book was Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. Its one of those books that makes you cry whenever you read it, even if its the 10th or 20th time. Whenever I read it it brings me back to reality, of whats most important in life. I love books like that. If you haven't read it already, you totally should.
The other night, I couldn't sleep so I went to go pick out one of my mom's books to read. I read The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright. I think I finished the whole thing that night because it was so good. It too, was one of those books that makes you think about what is really most important in life.. especially family. I read it again last night cover to cover. I think its my new favorite book. I admire so much that the mom and the dad, had such unconditional love for eachother. The husband, Jack, wrote his wife Laurel a letter every single Wednesday starting with the night they got married.
That is so sweet to me.. I think letters are so important. I've always felt that there was something so much more personal to writing letters than writing emails. I only ever write letters to my brother on his mission, and he has told me more than once how much it means to him. Not only does it feel good to get mail, but its almost like journal entries. Something that you can look back on later.
Since Jeremy has been gone at basic training, i've only gotten to talk to him on the phone once and it was for about 10 minutes. Other than that, we can just write letters. I really feel like it has brought us so much closer in our relationship by him going away, although it sounds weird. We've never been apart for longer than a couple of days since we first met, and this has been such a huge trial for us to deal with. Reading the letters we send eachother gives us both so much strength. I am so proud of him and what he is doing for us and for us as a future family. I love him so much.
Anyway, sorry I went off rambling! But those are my two favorite books and you should read them. What are your favorite books?

No comments:

Post a Comment