Sunday, April 3, 2011

BIG NEWS!

WE'RE PREGNANT!
Yes, you're reading right.. we're going to be parents! I am 12 weeks and 4 days along, and due October 12th. We waited (very impatiently) to share the news until my doctor gave us the OK. We were first able to get an ultrasound done and see our baby when I was at 8 weeks along. We think he/she looks like a gummy bear :) They even wiggled for us! So cute. The heartbeat was at 176 beats per minute. This past Thursday, right after I turned 12 weeks, we went to the doctor planning on just hearing the heartbeat.. but after several minutes of trying with no success, my doctor just ordered another ultrasound :) He thinks Baby Arnold was just moving around too much for the doppler to find the heartbeat. In my opinion, I would totally pick SEEING my baby instead of hearing it. It is so amazing to see he/she.. almost unreal. This time Baby Arnold looks a lot more human-like with a WAY cute side profile. Of course Jeremy said he thinks they look like him already haha. I just love the tiny nose, lips, and that BELLY!! haha. Oh and the heartbeat was at 171 beats per minute. My belly is definitely growing, even though I think I'm probably the only one who can REALLY tell.. so here is a 12 week picture so we can compare later on how much my belly has been growing when it actually starts getting noticably huge.. haha
So there you have it! We are SO EXCITED and cannot wait to meet this little one!


5 comments:

Haleigh Foreverts said...

UGH he/she is SOOO cute! I'm so happy for you Maddie! When I heard about what happened with your other baby I felt TERRIBLE! I have no idea what I would have done with myself if that happened to me. I know you're strong though! Your baby looks so adorable and I really am so happy for you. Congratulations!!!!!! And good luck! I can't wait to see more pictures! YOU also look gorgeous, by the way :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, that's so exciting! I bet you're thrilled

Unknown said...

Thank you so much!! We are beyond thrilled. The whole experience of miscarrying was very hard to deal with, but it has really strengthened my relationship with the Lord and my testimony is so much stronger of how he really does answer our prayers. Everything is on his time table. We're so blessed.

Griffin and Gretchen said...

that really is such a cute profile! you guys will have cute babies :)

Lisa said...

AHHH!!! I am just SO HAPPY that you are pregnant!! Nobody deserves it more than you and Jeremy. You two will be absolutely the BEST parents in the WORLD. You already just have SO much love for your sweet baby. I think you're going to have a girl. ?? Excited to find out!
I'm glad that you're already taking pregnant pictures! You'll be SO GLAD that you did. :D Those are the PERFECT ultra sound pictures!! I love when they get them so perfectly clear and you can see the babies shape. (sometimes the pictures are not the best and it's like..what am I looking at??")

I'm sad Jeremy will have to leave shortly after the baby is born, but at least he'll be there for the birth and the first month. And I'm SO GLAD you'll be able to go and live with family while he is gone. That will help a TON.

I just love you and I'm SO HAPPY YOU'RE PREGNANT!!!!!

Post a Comment