The "D" word makes me sick. Deployment. Instantly I feel anxious and sad when I hear that word.
Yesterday Jeremy was pulled aside at work and was told his tentative deployment dates. We weren't expecting to hear anything about his dates to leave for a while, since he doesn't even reach the time to be able to deploy until his year mark at this base.. but they wanted us to have as much time to "prepare" as we could have, which is nice. As of right now, Jeremy will be deployed November of 2011 - May of 2012. He'll miss my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day, Easter, and our 3rd Wedding anniversary. Of course it would be that chunk of time where he misses the most important holidays that he would be gone.
Although hearing this really made me feel uneasy and sad, I'm grateful we get to know so much in advance so we can mentally and emotionally prepare for it as much as we can.
I love Jeremy.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment