Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Jeremy's USAF BMT Graduation weekend


This past weekend was Jeremy's graduation from the Air Force BMT (basic military training). It was quite the hectic weekend but I will spare you from telling of all of the mishaps, and just show you lots of pictures :) Here we go..
Rachel and I. Her husband JP is in the same flight crew as Jeremy! They became best friends so naturally so did we :) We're waiting for the Airman's Run to start early on Thurday morning. We were FREEZING!
Jeremy's flight crew! "The Predators" 321 Training Squadron, Flight 223. "Lead, Follow, Or get out of the way!"
Jeremy's sister Steph and I waiting for the coin ceremony to start! Still freezing!
The coin ceremony. We were all very emotional. Jer is now a USAF Airman!
Jer and I, the first picture we took together after I ran like a crazy woman trying to find him in the crowd :)
Jer with his coin! haha We kept making him take silly pictures like this and his fellow trainees.. uh, I mean, Airmen.. were laughing at him.
My hott Airman :)
Facials with the girls thursday night!
This was the graduation parade on Friday morning. His flight crew is the 4th from the right.
Jeremy's flight crew marching by
Reciting the Oath of Enlistment, then we were able to run down and "retrieve" our Airmen. They were way squished together and it made it hard to find them. When you are running around they all look the same! lol
Jeremy in his dress blues. How handsome.
This is Jer and I with our new friends JP and Rachel. JP and Jer became really close friends while at BMT. They were the only married ones in their flight crew so they got along pretty great. JP is going to be a linguist learning the Chinese language -crazy, and they'll be stationed in Monterey, California for a couple years for his training. I can't wait to visit them!
Jer in his dorm next to his bed - the top bunk.
I love this. Picture of an MTI haha. (Military Training Instructor)
Jeremy with his flight crew's flag. They had a red ribbon on theirs for the B.E.A.S.T. excellence award they recieved. That red ribbon made it easy to pick them out in the crowds.
It was gorgeous that afternoon. This is the Riverwalk in downtown San Antonio.
Jer and I on the riverwalk! Sitting on a weird tree bench.

For lunch Jer picked the Bill Miller BBQ - It was amazing
Then we went to the Alamo! The lines were way too long so we just took a picture in front of it.
My handsome hubbie
Previously, Jeremy's flight crew had gotten in trouble and their MTI took away a couple hours of base liberty (time with family on base) on Friday evening. Once we got to graduation though, they had informed us that if we bought tickets and went to the Spurs game playing that night we could stay out later with our Airman! We jumped at the opportunity and had a ton of fun.

Jer and I at the Spurs game!
On Saturday on Jer's "town pass" day, we left the base and while we were out we noticed we had an almost flat tire in our rental car! We had to get it repaired at this shop, and the closest restaurant for lunch was Red Lobster. VERY Texan, I know. Haha.
We went to the Ripley's Believe it or not museum in downtown San Antonio on Saturday. Aren't we hott?
Big tire!
After Jeremy had to report back to his dorm on Saturday night, we went to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D at the IMAX theater. It was absolutely amazing! I really wish Jer could have been with us to see it. Here is us in our geeky glasses.
All of us went bowling on Sunday after church before he had to report back.
Jer & I


Saying goodbye..

Jer is now at his technical training school for his Intelligence position at the Goodfellow Air Force Base in San Angelo, TX. He will be there for about 6 months and I will be able to join him there in about one month. I cannot wait to finally live with my husband again! Hope you enjoyed the pictures. More updates as things happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment