I have been super stressed out lately about getting everything in order to make the move down to Texas in March by myself. It was feeling like everything was going wrong. I had to fight to find information, and even when I did find something useful, it just popped up another 10 questions in my head. Plus on top of this I am missing my husband more than I can put in words.
Then, over these past two days I have recieved two emails from two different missionary couples in Texas who are on service missions for the church. Both couples have been called to be Military Relations Representatives. The first couple emailed me telling me that they actually met Jeremy at the chapel on base and he gave them my email address to give me some information and also to attach a picture of him. It felt so comforting to know that not only is he able to still attend church while he is there, but that we have that missionary couple who could help us. I emailed the missionary couple back asking a number of questions hoping that they could help me get things figured out. They emailed back saying that the missionary couple who are serving at the Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo (where we will be living for Jer's job training school) would be best to talk to. The couple in San Angelo emailed me back right away, reassuring me that they would help me find all of the answers I needed and that it would all work out. We are now working together to plan everything out and I couldn't be more relieved. They also told me that there are a lot of LDS members at the Goodfellow AFB and much of them are newlywed couples! They have Family Home Evenings together, as well as other weekly ward activities. I'm so excited to have fun and make new friends out there with Jeremy.
When I read that email I felt my stress melt away. I know that my Heavenly Father heard my prayers and answered them through his missionaries. I am so grateful that I have the church in my life, and that I have a ward family wherever I go. I am confident that everything WILL work out in the end and I couldn't be more excited to start a new chapter of my life with my amazing husband Jeremy.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hopefully things will go more smoothly for you. I am sure this time is hard...but just think about it as the last time you will be living with your family. R and I were apart for our engagement and it gave me a few months of being with my family, knowing it would be the last time I lived with them. I still missed R, but I tried to enjoy all the time with them! My mom always says as mormons we have a built in friend network. No matter where we live we will be able to find new friends through the gospel. I am sure you guys will work hard there and have tons of fun!
Keeping my prayers crossed and fingers said that everything works out ok. :) I hope it's getting easier. hugs!
Post a Comment