Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Air Force

My husband has joined the Air Force! Thats right, I'm a military wife! Who would have thought?! We are both very excited and anxious for our future. Jeremy went through the MEPS about a month ago. Which for all those who are wondering what the heck MEPS stands for.. its The Military Entrance Processing Station, where he took the ASVAB test and had to take a physical to make sure he was able to join. The ASVAB test stands for Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery. It is basically a placement test, to figure out what jobs he was able to choose from. He did really well and chose a bunch of different jobs that interested him. Now is the FUN part.. not. We are now waiting and waiting and waiting...to hear from his recruiter when a job becomes available. Then he'll have a couple of weeks and then he'll be off to Lackland Air Force Base in Texas for basic training.. aka bootcamp.. for 8 1/2 weeks. Once he is done with that, I get to join him for his Technical training schooling which we aren't sure of where it would be, because it depends on the job. Craziness! I will update as soon as I hear any news!

No comments:

Post a Comment