For a while now I've been wanting a dog, and not just any dog.. but a dachshund :) Jeremy had been searching and searching for one for weeks. He wanted to get me a companion for when he left for basic training soon. And as it turns out, there weren't very many to choose from in this great state of New York. Most of the dachshund rescues or animal shelters who had dachshunds were far away. ( I will never take in a pet unless it is from a shelter or rescue. ) We finally found a couple near us, but things didn't quite work out with adopting either one of them and I was pretty bummed. Then on Monday, we decided to visit the local shelter here in Ballston Spa just to see the dogs, with no intention of actually adopting.. THEN my eyes met
Carter. A 3 year old Yellow Lab/Golden retriever mix, who
stole my heart! We knew just from visiting with him for a couple of minutes that we wanted this boy. We hurried to the front desk and adopted him! I know that I was set on getting a dachshund but when I met this dog, I couldn't say no. Seriously guys, I am in love with this pup. He is so great. He is loving, very friendly, well behaved, super soft, cuddly, licky, loves all dogs and cats, loves to go on walks and jeep rides, and my favorite part.. he snuggles in bed with me :) He is our boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment