Camden is such a big boy! He is almost 19 months old now, so I really want to share/brag a little bit about him and how much he has changed!
-At his 18 month doctor appointment, he weighed 23lbs and was 30 1/4 inches tall.
-He is in nursery now at church! I can hardly believe my little baby is so old! He loves watching the older kiddos play, and his favorite thing to play with is the vacuum. Of course. His first Sunday in nursery went amazing. He totally didn't care if I was in there or not (bittersweet!), so I decided to go ahead and leave him to go to Sunday School and Relief Society by myself for the first time in forever. I was so excited, but man it felt weird to sit still, and be able to actually listen to the teachers! Little did I know, shortly after that I would be asked to be a nursery leader once again. So I guess Camden is stuck with me! At least until I am too pregnant to help out anymore ;)
-He is in a big boy bed now! We switched his crib into a toddler bed, bought him his own little pillow, and he LOVES it! Seriously, I wish we did it sooner.
-He uses forks and spoons like a champ, and drinks out of open cups SO well. He's been doing this for a few months now. He actually prefers the open cup to his sippys now.
-He can say so many words now, too many to count. He is always talking. Anytime we ask him to say a new word he always tries, and most of the time he succeeds. He is so smart! His most used words are: please, thank you, mommy, daddy, grandpa ("po-pa"), puppies, cheese, banana, no, yup, hi, and what. I love his little voice, and I love how much he is talking now!
Things he LOVES now:
-The playground, especially the swings
-Puppies! I swear this kid can spot a dog anywhere.
-All animals. We got a season pass and have been taking him to Reptile Gardens a ton. He just loves looking at all of the turtles, snakes, prairie dogs, alligators, birds, and other reptiles.
-My phone. He knows how to unlock it, turn on music, scroll through pictures, go online, and call people. Tech genius. Seriously.
-He loves to call his Grandpa Ahern. Whenever he is upset, I ask him if he wants to call Grandpa and he cheers right up. He loves him so much!
-He loves to help me clean! When I vacuum, he vacuums with his toy vacuum. And he loves to help do laundry. Its adorable to see how excited he is to help.
-His favorite song lately is "Itsy Bitsy Spider" complete with all hand motions.
-He loves all food but won't eat strawberries anymore.
-He LOVES anything that goes "vroom vroom". Especially Daddy's 4 wheeler and dirt bikes. He is in heaven whenever Jeremy takes him on rides and lets him rev the engine. He is such a boy.
-He loves painting and coloring and can draw circles like nobody's business.
-Anytime we're outside, he loves to wear his "eyes" (sunglasses).
-He loves to sing along to songs whenever he hears music.
-He loves to do whatever his Daddy is doing.
-He is obsessed with bananas. He asks for one every morning and several times throughout the day.
-He can count to 3 and is very proud of that.
-He loves babies. He is always so smiley and tender whenever he sees them, and often tries to hold their hand and caress their face. SO sweet.
We love our sweet boy and are so proud of everything he is learning!
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my gosh. How irresistibly adorable he is!! I wish we lived a thousand miles closer!
Post a Comment