Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy October!

It's October!! Camden's birth month :) I'm due in 10 days and although I can hardly believe he will be joining us so soon, I am getting super anxious for the day he will come on out. It's all I think about. Well either that, or food. Haha.. I swear I am ALWAYS hungry. It's so not good. But seriously I am getting major anxiety about the whole birthing thing..
Hoping I remember to bring everything I need to the hospital, worrying about how I'll survive contraction pains before I can get an epidural (I'm a wimp), although I've had one before.. (knee surgery when I was 16) I'm hoping the whole epidural process goes as planned (I hear it randomly doesn't work for some women), hoping Camden comes out safe and healthy, hoping breastfeeding goes well, etc etc etc. There is so much to worry and think and overthink about, I'm making myself crazy! I just want the whole process to start already and to finally be able to hold my sweet baby boy in my arms. It will all be worth it.

Anyway..here's what we did for our first weekend of October:

- Had game night on Friday at Zach & Mary's house across the street with some of our other awesome neighbors, and finally got to meet and hold sweet Adalyn (Our friends Austin & Tina's brand spankin new baby girl). I loved watching Jer hold her :)
- Listened to General Conference Saturday morning together in our pj's. It's SO awesome to be able to watch it on our tv now that we have the BYU channel.
- Then I went to my friend Sarah's house on base for what I thought was going to be a girls day.. but it turned out to be my THIRD baby shower! Surprise! Sarah and Jodi threw it for me, and invited our neighbors and a few of the spouses from Jer's office at work. It was awesome!! Camden is already so spoiled :) I feel so loved that so many of my friends and family have wanted to celebrate and share in this special time with me!
- We took the dogs for a walk.
- We went to the Golden Corral for dinner - because lets face it.. buffets are awesome, and we most likely won't be heading out for dinner for quite a while once Cam gets here.
- Then we rented and watched Red Riding Hood which was pretty good, but kinda creepy.
- Sunday morning Jeremy made us orange cinnamon rolls and we watched General Conference. Well, Jeremy did. I ended up falling asleep halfway through..haha. It's so hard for me to get comfy enough to sleep well at night, so I'll take sleep whenever I can get it!
- Then Jer went 4 wheeling with our friends Cody and Jodi while I stayed home to sleep some more and watch the last 2 hours of conference. Jer came home with a bruised hip, a swollen and scraped up shin, and a nasty cut on his left elbow. Crazy boy.
- Now we're watching football. No surprise there. Jer can't wait to watch football on the weekends with little man Cam :)

So far it's looking like this month is going to be awesome. Actually.. best month ever. We're going to be PARENTS! Stay tuned..

No comments:

Post a Comment