Sunday, December 20, 2009

Thanksgiving

So I have been a slacker when it comes to blogging lately.. so here I am, catching up. For Thanksgiving this year my family and I went to my Grandma Ahern's house in East Rochester for dinner.. and of course I brought my 12 layer Jello. It took so long to make but it was so worth it, as usual. Delicious! Here's the recipe..

12 Layer Jello

Ingredients:
-6 boxes of different flavors of Jello
(Blue raspberry, Grape, Strawberry, Orange, Lemon, Lime)
-1 pt. (lg) Sour cream

First, dissolve one package of Jello in 1 cup of boiling water. Then pour half of the dissolved Jello mixture into a 9 x 13 in. glass pan. Put pan into the fridge for about 15-20 minutes or until 1st layer of Jello is set. (Keep the other half of the Jello in a saucepan on low, stirring occasionally until ready to stir in the sour cream for the 2nd layer) Stir in 1/3 cup sour cream with wisk to the remaining half of Jello until melted into a creamy mixture. Once the 1st layer is set, carefully pour the creamy Jello layer into the pan. Put the pan back into the fridge to set, for another 15-20 minutes. Then repeat the process with each of the different flavors of Jello. Top if off with Cool Whip and its ready to eat! Here are some pictures. You'll notice that I had 2 of each color, thats because I did two batches.

Ta da!! :)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I love the rainbow jello... We do the same recipe at Christmas, but alternate red and green jello!

Post a Comment