
Well, we're all moved into our new home! We now live on the Ellsworth Air Force Base in Rapid City, South Dakota and surprisingly we really like it here. It is a definite change from being in Texas... and a good one at that.
What we like about Rapid City :
-The trees, hills, mountains, and real grass.
-The beautiful sunsets every single night.
-Even though the wind here is nonstop and sometimes annoying, the weather has been awesome.
-Seeing deer, elk, prairie dogs, mountain goats, jack rabbits, and buffalo on a regular basis.
-Being so close to a bunch of fun tourist attractions.
-Having the convenience of the "city" as well as the peacefulness of the Black Hills all in one.
-The abundance of outdoor recreational activities at our fingertips.
What we don't like about Rapid City:
-Being so far from home.
-The fact that in the winter, our particular apartment gets completely snowed in from the frontyard and backyard to the point where we literally can't get out. Yeah, i'm talking about 12 ft. snow drifts people. Crazy.
-Being so far from home.
-Leaving our AWESOME student branch in Texas and joining a family ward here. No offense to them, but we really miss our peeps in the San Angelo 4th branch.
Yeah, I know I put being so far from home twice.. but its sad! I miss our family and friends. But don't worry, NY... we'll be back in a couple of months to visit.
So anyway, to conclude.. the pro's totally outweigh the cons and I think we're really going to enjoy our time here. Who would have thought we would be living in freaking South Dakota of all places..and LIKE it?! I'll tell you what.. Heavenly Father really does know what is best for us.
Stay tuned for upcoming posts on what adventures we're having next! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment