Monday, November 16, 2009

auntie maddie.

Jeremy's brother Josh and his wife Katie are the proud parents of a brand new baby girl. She was born November 9th, 2009 at Albany Medical Center at 8:15am. Her name is Alanna Rose Arnold and she was 18.5 inches long, and 6lbs 11oz. She is a teeny tiny peanut! She is so beautiful and we love her so much.


Katie went into the hospital at about 8pm Sunday night, the 8th. She waited and waited until 4am the next morning, the 9th, when she was told that if she wasn't starting to progress naturally with the labor within the next half hour, they would have to do a C-section. They ended up having to go ahead with the C-section (which Katie was of course not thrilled about.. especially after having to go through the same thing with her son Xavier). There were some complications and Katie lost quite a bit of blood, so she had to get a transfusion. Also, baby Alanna and Katie came down with fevers so they both were on antibiotics for a little while after the birth. They are both doing just fine now, and are recovering and relaxing at home :)

I am so glad that they are healthy and happy, and I must say, I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present :) I'm an aunt again!

No comments:

Post a Comment